Meet Darlene! She is one of the super professional sales leaders at the Chico’s located in the Village of Stone Oak in San Antonio. When I arrived at the store for a meeting, Darlene had just experienced a difficult day…but observing her hunt for a new outfit throughout the store brought revelation…her face brightened and her smile glowed. For a few minutes, Darlene was caring for Darlene.
There is just something about taking time out for #1 which will send dark clouds away…even if it is only a moment.
Now, I will be the first to admit,
A new outfit will not cover unpaid bills.
A new outfit will not heal serious illness.
A new outfit will not fix the broken dishwasher.
A new outfit will not get your child out of detention.
A new outfit will not erase evident wrinkles every day.
However, when we are strong, confident women we handle the trials of life differently than when we walk in defeat. Taking care of ourselves…inside and outside…making certain we carry the I MATTER sign, is important for how we will face the challenges of life.
It is not shallow or frivolous to care for ourselves….in fact, it is just the opposite….it is necessary!
To read the rest of the I MATTER posts, please go HERE!
Then join the other bloggers of Katie’s Favorite Things Blog Hop!
ITS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine's Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner. Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop