Meet Kathy….a fabulous over-50 woman who is living life to its fullest. Kathy obviously takes care of herself…she always looks so pulled together with gorgeous hair and skin. Yet, on top of taking care of herself, Kathy also loves to help women look and feel their best. She is the Regional Sales Director for IOMA-Paris Skincare, sold exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue in the United States. She knows it is so important for all of us, at any age to pick up the I MATTER sign.
A little review, I have already told you that when I went through my makeover at age 50, I started with a completely new hair look and completely threw out my closet and began again. The next step for me was to deal with skin which looked much older than 50…suffering from a severe lack of attention. Kathy likes to say that our skin is the cake underneath the icing. If it is dry and crumbly, there is just nothing which will help the icing look or taste good.
I love to be told I do not look my age, but when I was fifty I looked much older and it had a lot to do with ignoring my skin. So, I began with these steps:
1. I visited an esthetician for some serious care which eventually included microdermabrasion and exfoliation. She also offered an anti-aging facial which, in the beginning, I went for about twice a year.
2. The esthetician taught me the importance of hydration through drinking more water and moisturizing twice a day properly. The deep lines around my mouth were very pronounced at that time, but after proper care I was able to tame them! Of course, sun screen and healthy eating are a part of skincare hydration.
3. I had to discipline my desire to spend all my money on clothes, and understand that budgeting for proper skincare was critical. I could put great garments on my body, but my face still looked tired and older.
4. Then I began a search for what worked best for me as far as skincare products. I had to recognize that I needed a complete regular routine everyday which consisted of good cleansing and the best hydration. I went through several lines of all prices and mixes. Then I discovered IOMA-Paris and it has been by far the best. I use their cleanser, toner, eye cream (amazing), day cream, serum, night cream, and antioxidant mask (also amazing)! For more information on IOMA-PARIS, check HERE, HERE, and HERE. The way this company combines technology and well researched ingredients is truly impressive.
5. Finally, I had to make sure my makeup was not undermining what my skincare was doing. I recently heard Kathy say that mineral makeup is the most dehydrating you can wear. So, it does make a difference and is worth researching. Recently, I have completely switched over to Bobbi Brown. I used Cover Girl with Olay products until the switch.
Clothes are fun…shoes are fun…purses beyond fun…but great skincare is critical, especially if you are attempting to look and feel your best…no matter your age. Find a dermatologist, esthetician, or someone like Kathy who represents the top of the line product and get some advice and direction to turn your skin around. It makes a huge difference. I am not a Botox-girl…but I believe what I am doing keeps me from even considering it!!
Have a wonderful Thursday, ladies…make sure you hop on or visit the incredible bloggers of Katies’s Favorite Things Blog Hop…
If you would like to following my journey to learning I MATTER, just click HERE for all of the posts!