Meet Kerry. At 60, she has carried the “I MATTER” sign for years in a balanced lifestyle between caring for herself, her family, and her organization work. Kerry is such an inspiration. In the past two years, she decided to place her thriving career in fashion retailing on hold in order to be more available for aging parents and to spend time with her college student. But, she also makes sure she always looks amazing, works out every week, enjoys a dry sauna every week, and eats healthy foods…in fact, she has a mad passion for Thai food and can rock a pair of trendy heels better than most, of any age!! Kerry is one of the most diligent women I know and understands the value of hard work to achieve success at whatever we pursue. She also understands how important it is that we be at the top of our priority list…no matter who we are serving.
Since we began “I Matter” just eleven weeks ago, have you taken the time to research the style you desire? Sometimes frustration will set in early. It does take time, perseverance, and a positive attitude to see it through.
I have encouraged you to spend time in the dressing room; read style books for assistance; and tear looks from magazines you would like to emulate….or, of course, pin your favorites. If you are frustrated, and not putting in the work, then please do not give up…put in the effort. Now we are beginning a new season of warmer weather style…do you have any idea how to look fabulous when the temperature begins to creep upwards? (I realize many are still cold…but it is good to plan ahead!)
Here are a few suggestions to consider:
1. Always shop in an actual store more than online…you must try clothes on. I leave large amounts behind, but make sure I at least give them a look in the mirror. If a retailer has not invested in a good dressing room, then perhaps it is not worth your time to shop there. The only way you will know if you look good in a skinny pant or pencil skirt is to try them on your body. Remember …not all sizing is universal and not all cuts and designs are the same.
*Understand your body type. I have so many people who think I am smaller than I actually am. That pleases me!! I have learned (mostly by careful study) how to dress my body type. Kerry (pictured above) is a petite and has to be very careful with lengths. She loves this white shirt from J.JILL because the petite hits her in just the right place to flatter her body and not cut it off or make her look larger than she is. Do not get depressed because of your size…learn how to dress it as it is right now!
* For warmer weather, try casual skirts with flats and a knit top for the days you do not need to look your professional best. This is more flattering, cool and comfortable than capris pants. There are also many styles of spring and summer dresses available…easy and stylish.
* Summer neutrals are chic and can lead to understated elegance when the heat is on. White, gray, creams, khaki, navy and even black are beautiful and youthful. Be careful not to pour on the florals or the polka dots…both prints can be aging. Accessories are great ways to control color and prints…like Kerry did here with her scarf and shoes!
* Begin now to get a little sun on your legs…just 15 minutes of Vitamin D a day is beneficial and will get some color for skirt days. Also, do not wear sandals without a little color on the toes or properly groomed feet.
* Stay true to your Foundational Five…if you have done them…if not read under my PERSONAL STYLE page…where you will find all of the I MATTER posts and what the Foundational Five means. Warmer weather fashion puts many trends in front of our faces from pastels to sailor styles…be true to YOU…what communicates your messages. If a horizontal stripe is not flattering or does not communicate your messages, then avoid it…even though you see them everywhere right now.
Don’t get discouraged! A true makeover takes time…there will be hits and misses…persevere! The results and the way you will feel in the results are worth the work!
Now, please have fun visiting the wonderful bloggers in the Thursday Hop…if you would like to hop on, the link is in the bottom by the little frog….
ITS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine's Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- Please no more than 3 links to your blog
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner. Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop