Meet Karen...During the Spring of 2013, she was shocked to discover at age 55, she had lost significant bone density in three years and now had severe osteoporosis throughout her body. The risk of fracture was severe. At that time, Karen decided to proclaim I MATTER...and began a healthy eating plan; regular weight training; daily injections; and daily doses of D3 and calcium.
Karen is a part of my workout team...so helpful for support and encouragement!
She drives 22 miles two days a week to workout with us at 5AM! What keeps her going? The thought of a broken hip or broken bones at the young age of 56...now, every day she says I MATTER!
Beginning to take care of yourself inside and out, really can bring you new joy and confidence like you have never known. Once we care for #1, we are better equipped to care for all of those people relying on us.
Last week, I wrote about beginning with my closet...the black hole of depression! I had to start by being honest with myself in two main ways:
1. Look in the mirror and recognize we are all special, unique, and beautiful just as we are!
2. Also, be teachable and admit there are many things we have been doing detrimental to our health or appearance or both. What messages have we been communicating with how we look and how we care for ourselves?
For example, at the beginning of my journey, I hid myself under piles of accessories. I wore necklaces, bracelets, scarves, and earrings...at the same time. I love accessories...but, let's face it, there is truth in the phrase, "Less Is More." I was communicating that I was just trying too hard, and did not have confidence in what was underneath. I still love accessories, but there is more purpose behind the selections now.
It is very important to practice with different clothing styles and accessories in order to discover what works best for you. Today's lesson is TAKE TIME TO SHOP and DO NOT RUSH OUT OF THE DRESSING ROOM. Rediscovering a new, fresh style does take time in order to get it right. But, I made many mistakes and was willing to learn from them...be humble and teachable and patient!
"True humility is intelligent self respect which keeps us from thinking too highly or too meanly of ourselves. It makes us modest by reminding us how far we have come short of what we can be." - Ralph W. Sockman
If you are just joining us, and would like to catch up on the I MATTER series, then here are the posts:
Do you have questions or suggestions...please comment below and......
Please stop by and visit the wonderful bloggers of Katie's Favorite Things Blog Hop...and consider linking up with us! Have a fabulous Thursday!
ITS TIME FOR THE THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP!
It’s time to hop! Party and link up! The Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop is where you can link your favorite post of the week or write a post about your favorite things and share it with old and new followers. The hop is hosted and posted on 3 different blogs! Your link will appear on the blogs of Katherine's Corner, Over 50 Feeling 40, and Vintage Mama. Three times the opportunity to make new bloggy friends and to share your wonderful blog and discover others to
Please DO NOT link and run…….
- Please visit a few of the wonderful blogs that are sharing here.
- Please leave comments when you visit
- Please Link to your post and not to your blog home page
- Linkback on your post (optional, but always appreciated)
- Grab the hop button code from The button page (optional)
- No adult content blogs
- No links directly to your shops or websites selling things/services please! (sorry they will be removed)
- Yes you can link giveaways (they are everyone’s favorite thing) Add your giveaways to Katherines Giveaways Page too!
Adding your link to this blog hop gives Katherines Corner permission to share your posts and pictures via social media and as features on Katherines Corner. Note- All features on Katherines Corner will be linked back to the original source .Social media features are linked back to the hop.