Three years and 885 posts later, I have learned so much about myself and my own style since beginning to blog.
I have experimented; stepped out of my comfort zone;and internalized what style books and other blogs say. I have learned to enjoy how other women dress while understanding that their style is not necessarily my own. I have found joy in shopping at Goodwill and Saks Fifth Ave. all at the same time!
I have discovered joy and fun in diversity...it is the spice of life in fashion. But, I am more comfortable now as I enter my sixties than I have ever been with my style...and it is surprisingly simpler than I would have predicted it to be. Oh, I still love color and accessories. But, I do find myself toning things down a bit from where I was three years ago. And you know what? I love it! A look like what I am wearing today is still a very visible, confident Pam!!
Wardrobe consultant, Debbie Wright, writes of 5 tips to help us feel more positive and confident in our own skin:
1. Dress For Who You Are Today and How You Look Today (This is very important for me as I work hard to finally win over a healthy lifestyle. I need to keep things positive and hopeful by looking my best each day!)
2. Accentuate the Best Body Feature You Have with Clothing ( This is why I wear these skinny pants)
3. Every Season get fitted and purchase a good quality properly fitting bra (Yes, you will be amazed at the results...people will say you lost weight!)
4. Stay Polished and always wear flattering accessories. Accessories offer a way to express your individuality. (I have hit the shoe sales big this summer...but I find this is a great way to individualize a look!)
5. You Can Shop Anywhere....(Like I said, from Goodwill to Saks Fifth Ave....be open and shop in many places)
I also agree with her when she writes, "When you respect yourself, others will respect you in return." Oh, yeah!
Blouse, Necklace, Watch: Chicos
Leggings: Coldwater Creek
Have a fabulous Monday everyone!! Now, please go visit the fashion forward bloggers of VISIBLE MONDAY! and MONDAY MINGLE!!