Ooo-la-la…it’s finally time for Anita's Simply Irresistible Paris Link Party which begins on Friday! Sad to admit, but I have never been to Paris…though I have always longed to see it. Anything I write about Paris or France is experienced through the eyes of others. The first blogger to actually bring Paris to my computer was the beautiful Debby Steele of Inspired Design. Debby’s posts and photography are one of the first places I visit every day and I can count on her to take me to new places which touch longings in my heart. I recently asked Debby some questions in order to get to know her better and properly introduce her to you, so grab a cup of coffee or tea and let’s sit down with a beautiful woman (inside and out):
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN BLOGGING AND WHAT IS THE VISON FOR YOUR BLOG?
1. I started blogging at Inspired Design about two years ago. I began blogging as a creative outlet but always felt it was going to lead for much more for me. The doors that open via blogging, and the opportunities that present themselves are endless. My vision for my blog has always remained the same. I would like to hopefully touch a life or two, and to be able to live and create the life of my dreams, by building a career doing what I love.
TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF...
2. I live in Groton, Massachusetts which is a quaint suburb about 40 minutes Northwest of Boston. It is a quintessential New England town and a wonderful place to raise a family. I have two children. My oldest, Jordan is 19, and he is entering into his sophomore year of college. My daughter, Logan, will be entering into her junior year of high school. I had the privilege of being able to stay home to raise them, and I just have to say to any stay-at-home Moms out there, don't ever sell yourself short. What you are doing is the most important job you could ever have. You are shaping lives.
HOW DID YOU BEGIN WITH PHOTOGRAPHY?
3. I have an insatiable wanderlust. Give me a new city and my camera and I am as happy as can be. I started taking photographs of my travels and just became a bit obsessed with it. I found I was framing all of my favorite photography around my home so I could have a bit of vacation with me year round. I got such a great response form people that I thought, "Hey, this could become a business venture."
WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
4. In response to my dream job... I'm pretty much doing it. Between being a Mom, blogging, custom blog designs and The Inspired Print Shop I'd say I'm really content.
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FACING WOMEN TODAY?
5. I think the biggest challenge women face today actually affects the younger generation of women. In this day and age of equal rights and women running board rooms, young females are still selling themselves short by, "hooking up." I believe there is a lot of pressure amongst this generation to be cool with casual sex. I don't believe for a second that any girl, of any age, is o.k. with just "hooking up." I don't see any benefits of the whole "friends with benefits" motto. I believe that for females, being intimate is always about seeking a deeper emotional connection.
WHAT WILL WE FIND IN YOUR PRINT SHOP?
6. The Inspired Print Shop sells 8 x10 giclée prints of some of my favorite places. From one of a kind Paris, picturesque Nantucket Island, sunny California, to my quaint hometown of Groton, Massachusetts. I also have gallery sets available which take the guesswork out of creating a gallery wall, and assorted note cards. You can also shop my prints on Etsy as well.
7. My number one goal I hope to accomplish this year is just to remain true to myself. With each decision I make, I will ask myself whether or not the choice I make is going to help me to create the life I wish to live.
8. There are so many things that put a smile on my face every day. My kids, obviously, because I am so grateful to have been blessed with them. Visits to and from bloggers, (because bloggers really do have the biggest hearts). Being able to speak with my Mom daily, because I am grateful to have her. Oh, I I can't forget my little dog, Cooper. Love that mutt. He's the best dog in the world!
If you would like to experience Paris or even Nantucket through Debby’s eyes, make sure to visit her Inspired Print Shop site. She is also having a giveaway so make sure you enter. Then hop over to Anita's to see what other bloggers have to say about Paris on Friday!
Friday, I am participating in a special event for women in the Air Force who are about to enter civilian life…it is a Day of Beauty to get them properly prepared for job interviews, and I will tell you all about it later. Happy Friday, everyone!