|Zelda Kaplan taken by Ari Seth Cohen|
I did not know Zelda Kaplan. But I wish I had. I have read several eulogies of Zelda in the past few days and it’s not the fact that she is the ultimate New Yorker, an incredible style icon, very funny, with overboard energy in her 90s that captures my attention. But, I am taken with the fact that she died at age 95 doing what she loved…sitting on the front row of a fashion show during New York Fashion Week. While sitting in the Fall preview for Joanna Mastroianni's collection, Zelda quieting slumped over and elegantly died. I would welcome the chance to live until 95 and then pass on doing what I love. But…what would that be..I wondered.
Maybe, I could simply slump over…
1. When surrounded by my family around the Christmas tree opening gifts.
2. Or while attending a Broadway musical
3. Or shopping in Nordstrom’s
4. Or eating lunch with Gigi at a fabulous restaurant
5. Or in a Bed & Breakfast in Fredericksburg, TX
6. Or at a fashion show….but it should be a really fabulous designer!!
7. Or eating ice cream…wait a minute that might actually kill me before 95!!
|Jacket: Old Navy|
Skirt and Tights: Lane Bryant
These are all things I love. Zelda had an amazing presence about her and it is fitting to have her join me on VISIBLE MONDAY I styled this look with her in mind…bright color, pattern mixing, and big bling! Here’s to you Zelda! Thank you for modeling the courage to be visible everywhere at any time and at any age!!
Tie: Very old, don't remember where it came from
What would you like to be doing when you are called to the great beyond???
|Liz Claiborne Boots: Marshalls|
"Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in life." - Wayne Dyer
Now, go enjoy the other fabulous women having fun with life for VISIBLE MONDAY and the Monday Mingle!!