|Axcess tunic: Kohls|
Lee Jeans: Kohls
Target Shoes: Goodwill
Last week, I wrote a post about JC Penney’s new marketing approach. By the way, if anyone has gone by JCP since they slashed prices for good, please let us know your observations!!
But, that post brought some interesting comments and got me to thinking as to why some of us see retailers so differently. I believe it is a variety of factors which are influencing us as we walk into a store to shop:
1. How much time do we have to spend in the store?
2. How much money do we have to spend?
3. What are our personal-style likes and dislikes?
4. Our size…yes, it matters how we feel about where we shop! (One of the comments was KOHLS does not offer enough petite sizes and that is a legitimate concern for petite women)
5. What kind of mood are we in when entering the store…grumpy, happy, bad day, good day, etc.
6. Do we have any pre-conceived beliefs about the store...it would take a lot for me to change my memory of Sears growing up. I just do not see it as high fashion. But, Target turned it around beautifully....Jason Wu tomorrow!)
7. Have we had prior good or bad experiences at the store?
8. Quality and variety of merchandise!
|Axcess Scarf on clearance for $5!! (Two years ago)|
Dana Buchman Bracelet
|She's loving Marshalls for these shoes!!!|
|Gigi is lovng Chicos for the fabulous jacket she bought on sale!!|