I love a great "slumber party" discussion about beauty products! Pull up a pillow, girls, and let's talk!
1. What is your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite high end product? I am a big fan of all of the Olay products, but for makeup, I use the Olay Definity Foundation. It provides a nice combo of moisturizer combined with foundation. It goes on very natural and light. For the higher end, I really love Bobbie Brown eye shadow and all of the Lancome products. I just do not have the income to purchase them often. But, I always seem to get compliments on my eyes when I wear the Bobbie Brown color. It also keeps a freshly placed apprearance all day.
2. Is there one product that is your go to …can’t live without? I think it would be Almay Intense Purple Amethyst Liquid Eyeliner...I just love it. The product makes my eyes pop off my face and is so easy to put on. Recently, the grocery had it on CLEARANCE price, so I purchased several because I worried it was going away for good...but it is still there. However, I have a nice stock!
|It has taken much work to tame this beast!!|
3. What’s the best hair product that you have ever used? What many of you do not know is that my hair is thick, unruly, and curly. It has taken much patience and time to tame the wild beast! My current favorite products are Aquage Beyond Shine and Sabino Moisture Block. The Beyond Shine is a spray that I put on right before I flat iron and the moisture block is perfect for the high humidity days we know so well in South Texas. Without the second one, I become a FRIZZ queen. I have never liked the natural, wavy look on me, so these products keep me happy.
4. Fess up, what’s the worst beauty look you’ve tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that? In college, I wore this pea green eye shadow because I thought it would make my hazel eyes greener. When I think back at how I looked (a little like the Wicked Witch of the West), I just cringe and laugh. Also, when I attempt to go natural (without makeup) it is always a disaster!! I am a makeup proponent through and through.
|Today's Cardigan & Simply Vera Scarf: Kohl's|
I hear they are having a big sale this weekend! (but it
seems they have a big sale EVERY weekend!)
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? I guess it would be purple eye shadow and mascara. I also like to have rosy cheeks which I do with Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Cream Blush...us seasoned gals need to use cream blush over powder for the younger appearance!!
Now,rush over to Modly Chic for more girl talk on beauty products!!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone...I have much wedding work to do with my daughter!!