|Can I phone a Friend??? Wait! Sometimes I do get outfit|
ideas from friends!
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? More often than I care to admit, I come up with the outfit that morning while standing in the closet. But, I will say that blogging is prompting me to be more organized and thoughtful with this process. So, slowly, just recently, I am beginning to plan more in advance.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, or weekend? As I just said, I am beginning to. When I came up with the idea I am currently in the middle of, 11 Priorities for 2011, I began a plan for outfits which communicated those priorities. But, I have already changed a couple of the original outfits because a spur of the moment outfit trumped them. I am beginning to “play dress up” on Sundays after church! I already have hair, makeup and under-things done, so I will spend a little time in front of the mirror putting together some different looks. This will cut down on time during the week.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don’t repeat them? No, I am sure I need to do this….I could easily see myself repeating something because I was busy and didn’t take time to remember. I do have all of my pictures saved, but there is probably a better way!!!
4. How do you discover new combos of items in your closet? I got this idea from other bloggers, but I am starting to rip ideas out of magazines and keep a file. If I do this, then my eye will naturally go toward those items next time I am in the closet. Also, my personal goal is to wear a different look every day. If I keep that in mind, I will stay away from things I know I have done before.
5. To streamline the process for 2011, what is one new thing you can to do to cut down on your dressing time? ORGANIZE! Funny, this has been heavy on my mind. Since I started the blog last July, my closet has become a scary, disorganized mess. This three day weekend for me has been a closet organizing weekend on my calendar since before Christmas. We will see how I do…there are many challenges inside those doors!!
|Who knows what outfit ideas lurk behind these doors!|