NUMBER TWO: BE A BETTER STUDENT!
Friend Friday and my number two priority seemed to go hand in hand , so I decided to combine them today!!
I left the picture a little foggy, because that is how I feel sometimes about blogging…a little foggy and overwhelmed!!
I want to always be a student…always learning…always staying informed of the world and what is going on around me!!
|My "Student" outfit centers|
around these soft blue cords I purchased
on sale at Coldwater Creek for $22!
Also, a multicolored Simply Vera T
from Kohls; a anarok from Avenue; and
a scarf I've had forever!
My goals for 2011 are simple in this category:
1. To stay informed of current event happenings…I am a journalist after all!
2. To learn more about blogging!! Katy at ModlyChic mentioned SEO in her blog and I had to go research it!! So much to learn…..
3. After my youngest graduates from high school in May, I want to look seriously at tackling a Masters of Journalism online. But, at this point I do not know how I would do this and the blog at the same time….it will take prayerful consideration!!
4. READ, READ, READ….
Now, to Friend Friday Questions:
1. What’s the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
I have so much I want to learn!! I want to learn more of the technical aspects and merchandising of blogging…(would love to make some money with it if possible); but I mostly want to understand my audience and what they want. I hope to put into practice a desire to serve the audience and meet their needs.
2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
I learned that in order to be successful with blogs, it takes a massive amount of time. So, what I hope to put into practice is better time management!! I still clean my own house, wash our dishes, do our laundry, teach, write, and so many “others;” therefore, I have to plan well or I will lose my mind.
3. Do you have any high level goals for your blog in the coming year?
As I stated, I would love to discover a way to make some income and justify the large amount of time I put into it. (I am not complaining…I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of blogging!!) I am also working on a couple of other things …I hesitate to mention here, because they might not materialize. But I know that in order to properly market this, it will require even more time!! Vlogging? Yes, that interests me a great deal! Maybe my goal should be to create some additional income in order to hire a maid or an assistant! Now there’s a goal I can get behind.
4. If you could collaborate with one blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you collaborate with and what would you like to collaborate on?
I was so honored to be asked to collaborate with Reva http://revasrags2roses.blogspot.com/ for the pearl party! It was such fun and I like collaborations. I just am honored to do this with anyone who blesses me with the request. There are so many talented and gifted bloggers out there, and with great humility, I am thankful to be a part of the community. I do not possess the photography talent or graphic arts talent as many of these ladies…but I will always give it my best!!
5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
I like to “read between the lines” and be there to support them in all aspects of their journey as successful, confident women! Style involves so many facets of how we live life and I want to be a friend and support system for the phases of style that might include fashion and might include other areas. It is laughable to look at me as a “fashionista,” but I hope other bloggers will look at me as a friend and a support. I also teach communications and have worked in the industry for, well, let’s just say over 30 years. I like to offer encouragement when I see talent and there is some incredible talent out there.
Finally, on this New Year’s Eve, I would like to thank all of you for your support and acceptance of this blog and I hope I can live up to your expectations next year. I also want to thank two very special friends:
1. My dear friend Gigi who talked me into doing this and has helped me in the beginning when I wanted to quit!
2. My dear friend, Mrs. Joy, who does my photography on work days. I do not know what I would do without her!!
There are nine more priorities for my 2011 focus so stay tuned!!
|Love you all!|