NUMBER ONE: CHOOSE JOY DAILY!
I am one of “those” people…you know…we see the glass half full rather than half empty….and, I am well aware, annoys, the half empties. But, just because life is life, I also have my moments when I struggle with the “down and outs.” About eight years ago, I had to live with three children, one husband, my mother and my mother-in-law (MIL) in my MIL’s house!! My friends kept informing me that I was insane, but it was a necessary evil while we sold a house and purchased another. My mother was there to care for the MIL who broke her hip while chasing down our dog! Got the picture
I came out of that moment pretty scarred to say the least and thought I had lost my joy forever. Somehow though, I found it after turning 50 and going through a personal crisis…. an eye opening, defining moment.
So, this year, I plan to live with joy every day….no matter what comes my way! It’s a goal! We will see how I do, but the game plan is to:
1. Just take one day at a time…which means, I do not ponder the future a lot.
2. I do not take myself or my circumstances too seriously....laughing and singing are key parts of this!
3. I understand that I exist for a purpose and look each day for ways to fulfill it as a mother, wife, teacher, friend, writer, and now blogger.
4. I also know that I am not alone and have a place to go for refreshment, encouragement and guidance!
5. I desire to inspire and encourage as many people as possible for that brings joy to me.
It is very stylish to be JOYFUL! A smile can turn any outfit around!
|Even when your umbrella is broken, choose joy!!|
In honor of JOY, I chose this outfit! It represents joy to me and brings a smile for several reasons…..
1. I really love the royal blue!
2. This scarf was a surprise Christmas gift from a friend and I was really touched she thought of me.
3. When I wear this outfit, look in the mirror, I smile!
|Hair looks gross because it is really raining and San Antonio|
needs it!! Rejoice!
Long Cardigan from Stein Mart
Black Travelers Cami from Chicos
Scarf, gift, from Ann Taylor’s Loft
Jeans, Lane Bryant